mardi 21 avril 2015

Working with data received via an API on a site (JSON, XML)

I think it is inefficient to do a request on each page visit to collect the information. I would like to know what the theorie en best practises are regarding to working with data that is received from an API. ]

Should the data be stored in my own database or should I just make a call to the API every time?

As example if I would use Strava to get my running results. Should I just use the result directly from the API or should I store these in a database. And than check after a certain period if there are new or updated results and update my database accordingly?

I have read some articles about RESTful API's but they only give information about how to get, delete, update the data etc.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire